0Shares0000Antoine Griezmann celebrates with his family after winning the Europa League © AFP / FRANCK FIFELYON, France, May 17 – Antoine Griezmann said it was not the time to think about his future after leading Atletico Madrid to a 3-0 victory over Marseille in Wednesday’s Europa League final in Lyon.“Now is not the time to talk about my future. I need to just enjoy this moment, having won a title, and celebrate it with the fans,” said Griezmann after picking up the man-of-the-match award for scoring the Spanish side’s first two goals. The France star has been tipped to leave Atletico at the end of the season after four years in the Spanish capital, with speculation that he will join Barcelona.He got the opener midway through the first half and then netted a superb second four minutes after the break.He also played a part in the build-up to Gabi’s late goal that sealed the victory.“It is a dream for me to win a title. We had a chance in the Champions League and it wasn’t to be, but this time it was my turn,” said the striker, who had not previously won a major trophy with the club.He was in the Atletico side that lost on penalties to Real Madrid in the Champions League final in 2016 and lost the European Championship final with France that summer.Wednesday’s win came against Marseille, the club he supported as a youngster, but he said beating them did not in any way take the shine off his evening.“It’s not hard, because I am selfish. I had lost finals, I left home at 14 to win titles and today I had the chance to win a trophy.“I am proud of the season Marseille have had, of their fans who on their own almost filled the whole stadium, and of (coach) Rudi Garcia and what he has done with that team.”0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)
160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! Residents impacted by the wildfires in Los Angeles and Orange counties will get more time to pay some taxes or file tax documents, state officials said. Residents who live in any county declared a federal disaster area will be given extensions on tax returns, payments or other tax transactions due on or after Oct. 21. Those taxpayers will automatically receive postponements until Jan. 31. The postponement includes the estimated tax payment for the fourth quarter, which is normally due Jan. 15. People impacted by the fires can claim a disaster loss in the current tax year, or can file an amended 2006 tax return to claim the loss in the prior year – which can result in a quick refund payment. Fire victims can also receive free copies of state tax returns to replace lost or damaged ones by completing Form FTB 3516 and printing “Southern California Wildfires 2007” in red at the top of the request. AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREGame Center: Chargers at Kansas City Chiefs, Sunday, 10 a.m.Anyone with questions can check the FTB’s Web site at www.ftb.ca.gov or call (800) 752-5711. Meanwhile, the state Board of Equalization has set up a Web site designed to provide answers to frequently asked questions wildfire victims might have about fees and taxes. The site is at www.boe.ca.gov/info/disaster-relief-faq.htm.
Jaap Stam has praised his Reading side for their ‘great achievement’ of finishing third in the Championship, but has warned they face a tough test against Fulham in their play-off semi-final.The Royals manager joined talkSPORT host Jim White LIVE on air on Wednesday to preview Saturday’s first-leg clash at Craven Cottage.Stam has impressed in his first season in charge of Reading, with the side claiming their highest placed league finish since they were crowned second flight champions in the 2011/12 campaign.The Royals, who ended the season with 26 wins, face a Fulham side that eventually snuck into sixth place with a late surge of results.But Stam expects a challenging tie against their fellow former Premier League outfit.“It hasn’t been the easiest of times for the club over the last couple of seasons in where they’ve ended up in the league,” the former Manchester United star told talkSPORT.“Looking at the team when we arrived, we looked at what we could do, how we wanted to play and making progress as a club and also as a team.“We’ve got everything going with how we’ve wanted to play, we’ve got the players out of their comfort zone and throughout the season we’ve been mainly playing in the top six and we stayed in there and ended up third in the league, which was a great achievement for the club.“Now of course we’re playing in the play-offs against Fulham, who are a very good team with a lot of quality. They’ve wanted to go up for a few seasons as well, so it’s not going to be easy.“These games are going to be totally different from league games – if you lose a league game there are another games to be played. But now we need to do it in two games, so there’s a different sort of pressure.”Listen to talkSPORT’s interview with Reading boss Jaap Stam IN FULL above!
In preparation for the upcoming national blitz Ulster are running an Under 16 development squad blitz in Newry on Saturday 4th August. It is envisaged there will be 7 teams taking part with 6 games for everyone. The blitz will start at 11.00 & run until 2.00 across 3 pitches. Confirm your attendance through your manager to Michael McCullough, Regional Hurling Development Officer.Down are running an U14 blitz, also in Newry on the same day. You are invited to send a team to that too as sending 2 teams on the same day to the same venue may be useful to alleviate cost. In the U16 League all teams have now played three games. Aodh Ruadh are currently on 6 points with 4 teams tied at 4 points each. The remaining teams have two or less points each. In the U12 mini-League all teams have now played three games. Buncrana are currently on 6 points with 5 teams tied at 4 points each. The remaining teams have 2 or less points each. The July U10 blitz will be held Sunday 29th in Burt al 11am sharp. Could managers please contact Martin McGrath on 0877431332 by Friday evening to confirm whether you will be attending or not. GAA: COUNTY DONEGAL HURLING NOTES was last modified: July 26th, 2012 by BrendaShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:GAA: COUNTY DONEGAL HURLING NOTES
Dunfanaghy Golf Club Notes:Hello everyone. What a busy weekend in Dunfanaghy golf club. We started off with the Ebay information evening organised by Mabel and the Ladies Committee and there was a good turnout.Then on Saturday the fairways was busy from morning to evening with the clubhouse full for the rugby. It was not result that everyone hoped for. But I have no doubt there will be a big turnout this Saturday in the clubhouse for the conclusion of the six nations.Let’s hope Ireland can secure enough points to recapture the six nations championship. The Gaeltacht team were away to Gweedore last Saturday and didn’t get the result they were hoping for to qualify for the final. We would like to thank Gweedore for their hospitality. The last game is on Saturday week in Dunfanaghy against Cruit and Cornie will be in contact with everyone beforehand.There are a number of competitions in the next week –• Wednesday 18th of March 2015 – Open Singles Stableford (soup and sandwiches) • Saturday 21st of March 2015 – North West Alliance• Sunday 22nd of March 2015 – Gents Stableford CompetitionN.B. Remember we are dropping off the fairways from the 1st of January to give the fairways a well-deserved rest. There is only two more weeks and then we are back on the fairways.Everyone should have received an email in the last few weeks with details to entice new members to the club. It will to benefit everyone if we are able to get more members in the club this year. Please contact a committee member if you require any further details regarding our drive to get more new members. Remember it is the time of the year for annual subscriptions to be paid. Please contact the club as soon as possible to make payment.4 BBB Winter Open Competition: I know everyone will want to play in the Grand Final in June. So don’t leave it too late to try and qualify. You are able to play in this completion on any day of the week and with who ever you wish to play with, so long as they have a GUI or ILGU handicap. Best of luck to everyone in March. Remember the best club team outside of 1st,2nd and 3rd qualifies for the final each month. We had o team from the club to qualify in 4th place last month!!!.Function Room for Private parties:We have hosted a number of private functions in the clubhouse recently and these have proved to be a great success. If you, or someone you know, is organising a private function please be aware that the clubhouse is available free of charge, with exclusive use for the occasion. So far, the feedback that we have been getting is that the golf club is the ideal venue for parties of up to one hundred people. Please make contact with Sarah if you are interested in holding a function at the clubhouse (074 91 36335)Come Dine with me: Just a little reminder that our “come dine with me” evenings are fast approaching, if you have not committed to one of the following dates the 11th April or the 2nd of May we would really appreciate your participation, anyone who wishes to be a host on either evening please contact Mary as soon as possible in the clubhouse. To those of you who have already committed to a particular date we thank you and look forward to two great nights of entertainment here at Dunfanaghy Golf Club.The Senior and Intermediate Scratch Cups:The Senior and Intermediate Scratch cups are on Saturday 11th of April 2015. There are excellent prizes on offer with €300 for anyone who creates a new amateur course record. There are only limited places because it is 36 holes. So make to get your name down in time. You can enter by the BRS system online or contact the club on 0749136335.GOLF NEWS: DUNFANAGHY HOST GAELTACHT LEAGUE MATCH WITH CRUIT NEXT WEEK was last modified: March 18th, 2015 by Mark ForkerShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:DunfanaghygolfNoticesSport
LIVING THE DREAM LATEST Milan Skriniar has been linked with Man City, Man United and Barcelona after an impressive first season at Inter Milan 1 Tony Cascarino backs Everton to sign two strikers for Carlo Ancelotti Cavani ‘agrees’ to join new club and will complete free transfer next summer Top nine Premier League free transfers of the decade moving on Where every Premier League club needs to strengthen in January targets IN DEMAND Man United joined by three other clubs in race for Erling Haaland The biggest market value losers in 2019, including Bale and ex-Liverpool star targets REVEALED Latest transfer gossip on talkSPORT.com “Everyone in Milan was so kind and eager to help me settle in, for example the club helped me find an apartment.“I am happy with the way they were genuinely interested in me.” Manchester City and Manchester United target Milan Skriniar has revealed he wants to stay at Inter Milan. Kevin De Bruyne ‘loves Man City and wants to keep winning’, reveals father RANKED The defender enjoyed a brilliant first season at the San Siro after joining from Sampdoria last summer.Manchester City and Manchester United are now both interested in the 23-year-old, while he is also a target for Barcelona too.However, Skriniar has moved to end any talk of him leaving Inter now by revealing he wants to stay where he is.“I am very happy with the way we finished off the season,” the centre-back told Slovakian radio station Radio Expres.“I don’t know about any offers, but I want to stay at Inter. Arsenal transfer news LIVE: Ndidi bid, targets named, Ozil is ‘skiving little git’
COUNTDOWN TO CROKER: Donegal senior manager Jim McGuinness told the assembled media at a recent press briefing for Donegal’s All-Ireland semi-final clash with Dublin, that his players are going to enjoy themselves.McGuinness said that no one player is more important than the other, and insisted that Paddy McGrath is just as vital to the Donegal team as Colm McFadden. McFadden has come under intense scrutiny following a number of below par performances this year.McGuinness made the reference to McGrath after he was quizzed on whether McFadden is still as important to Donegal as he was in 2012?McGuinness responded sharply by insisting no one player is as important as the other.McGuinness said, “If Paddy McGrath doesn’t do his job then their corner-forward does the scoring and that hurts us. McGuinness feels the dimensions of Croke Park will see Murphy, McFadden and McBrearty flourish, the trio usually receive special attention from other teams due to the deadly threat they pose.McGuinness insists his players are ready for the challenge, and on August 31st are going to enjoy themselves.Simply click on the video above to watch.DDTV – COUNTDOWN TO CROKER: MCGUINNESS “THESE PLAYERS ARE GOING TO ENJOY THEMSELVES” was last modified: August 19th, 2014 by Mark ForkerShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Countdown to CrokerDDTV: Jim McGuinnessMedianewsPress briefingSport
Going off as the 6-5 favorite and breaking from the rail, Finding Nemo paid $4.40 to win. The 2-year-old First Down Dash colt covered 350 yards in 17.34 seconds, the fastest time in the 24-year history of the race. He earned $158,340 for the victory to increase his earnings to $487,530 while winning for the seventh time in nine starts. Being ineligible for the $1 million Golden State Million Futurity, Finding Nemo will pointed to the $1 million Los Alamitos Million Futurity in December. Finding Nemo and Prankster captured the two feature races at Los Alamitos Saturday night as Flying Memo prevailed by 1 ¼ lengths to win the $387,000 PCQHRA Breeders Futurity and Prankster was victorious in the $20.700 MD Barns California Regions Challenge. Ridden by Hector Cuevas for trainer Dennis Ekins, Finding Nemo defeated Aziwasaying by 1 ¼ lengths. Identity Theft was another nose back for third and then came Midnight To Moscow, Painted Silk, Coronas Dream, Love My Corona, Corona Crystal, Cruise Chicks and Cut The Snow. AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREThe top 10 theme park moments of 2019 Prankster, with Saul Ramirez aboard for trainer Paul Jones, scored a two-length triumph over Bad Cop, the early leader in the 870-yard event for 3-year and older quarter horses. Bad Cop was second, followed by Bac In The Saddle and Runbyu. Takin Cash Bac was a late scratch. Prankster, who won the Marathon National on his way to winning world champion marathon honors last year, was timed in 44.27 seconds, the fastest time around one turn at Los Alamitos since Sign Of Lanty was clocked in 44.12 in 2000. Griswold holds the track record with a 43.99. He is undefeated in six tries at 870 yards. As a result of the victory, Prankster earned a berth to the MD Barris Distance Challenge to be held at Los Alamitos on Nov. 5. 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!
A Donegal food outlet was ordered to close and two other local outlets prosecuted in September.Closure orders were served on seven food businesses in September by the Food Safety Authority of Ireland.The Express Fast Food Takeaway at Ballinamore in Fintown was prosecuted while the FSA also moved against the Halfway House restaurant, Tooban, Burnfoot (two prosecutions) and the Atlantic Bar, Main Street in Buncrana. “There can be no excuse for putting consumers’ health at risk through negligent practices,” said authority chief executive Pamela Byrne.“We are re-emphasising to all food businesses the need for rigorous compliance with food safety and hygiene legislation. This requires putting appropriate food safety management procedures in place and making sure they are adhered to at all times.”Under the FSAI Act, 1998, a closure order is served where it is deemed that there is or there is likely to be a grave and immediate danger to public health at or in the premises; or where an improvement order is not complied with.Closure orders can refer to the immediate closure of all or part of the food premises, or all or some of its activities. Closure orders and improvement orders remain listed on the FSAI website for a period of three months from the date of when a premises is adjudged to have corrected its food safety issue.THREE DONEGAL OUTLETS PROSECUTED BY FOOD SAFETY AUTHORITY was last modified: October 7th, 2015 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Food Safety Authority
Arsenal haven’t visited QPR for some time but the two clubs’ paths used to cross regularly. How well do you know your history? See how many of these 10 questions you can answer correctly…. [mtouchquiz 2]