Author of the best-seller The Ultimate Book of Influence Chris Helder will speak at AREC 2018 on the Gold Coast in May.This year’s keynote speakers include Australian business whiz Chris Helder, Canada’s inspirational speaker and New York Times best-selling author Amanda Lindhout, and Tom Ferry, the leading real estate trainer in the US.Attending every single AREC since its inception, James Tostevin will give a keynote presentation at AREC 2018. In the past four years Mr Tostevin has ranked as one of the top two performers in Australia. “From my presentation I plan to give delegates an understanding of the importance of articulating their points of difference in a listing presentation, both their own and that of their company … the ability to differentiate themselves, given the similarities and competence of most of their competitor agencies,” he said. GC Good Health Guide Suburb Aerial Photography of the Gold CoastTHE cream of Australia’s real estate industry will descend on the Gold Coast next weekend for the Australasian Real Estate Conference.In its milestone 21st year, the line-up of more than 30 speakers at AREC 2018 has proven to be a major drawcard with 3450 registrations from Australia and New Zealand and as far away as the UK, South Africa and Hawaii.The two-day conference, set to focus on real estate strategies for the future, returns for the seventh year to the Gold Coast Convention and Exhibition Centre. More from news02:37International architect Desmond Brooks selling luxury beach villa17 hours ago02:37Gold Coast property: Sovereign Islands mega mansion hits market with $16m price tag2 days agoGold Coast Mayor Tom Tate said securing signature conferences such as AREC allows the Coast to take centre stage. Picture Glenn HampsonGold Coast Mayor Tom Tate said the Gold Coast economy was forging ahead following the 2018 Commonwealth Games with a range of commentators speaking positively about the real estate, tourism, health and knowledge and tertiary education sectors.“Securing signature conferences such as AREC allows our city to take centre stage with some of the most influential minds in the real estate business,” Mayor Tate said. “It is a coming of age for the Gold Coast — bring it on.” John McGrath (left) and Bob Wolff at AREC 2017. Picture: Matthew Foster“Last year we achieved our largest attendance in AREC’s history and the momentum from that has carried over into this year’s event,” Nichola Byrne, general manager of Total Real Estate Training, said.“We believe we have our best line up of speakers in our 21 years, as we are seeing and feeling the excitement and anticipation from our delegates, and we are on track to break last year’s record attendance. “With such diversity among the speakers, agents are going to walk away with such varied and valuable content which will set them up with strategies that can enhance their own businesses and service to their clients.”NSW and Victoria are leading AREC registrations with 38 per cent and 31 pre cent respectively.Queensland follows with 12 per cent while New Zealand has 10 per cent of delegates registered.There are also four registrations from UK, four from South Africa and one delegate from Hawaii Gold Coast agent Michael Kollosche, of Kollosche Prestige Agents, is attending AREC 2018. Picture Mike Batterham Gold Coast agent Michael Kollosche, of Kollosche Prestige Agents, is attending AREC 2018 and said it was a coup to have the conference in his backyard.“It’s fantastic having it here on the Coast and I’ve encouraged my entire team to attend,” Mr Kollosche said.“You’re never too good in this industry to learn and it’s always good to hear from the leading agents around Australia.” AREC 2018 will be held on the Gold Coast on May 27 and 28. For more information or to register visit www.tret.com.au or call 1800 335 336.
LocalNews Legal Affairs Minister says additional magistrate not mandatory. by: – June 22, 2011 Tweet Share Legal Affairs Minister, Ian Douglas. Photo credit: GIS NewsLegal Affairs Minister Ian Douglas is reporting a full complement of magistrates for Dominica.His comment comes on the heels of concerns that there is a shortage of magistrates in Dominica.Douglas told a media interview this week that government has an arrangement with Mickey Bruney.“We have a full complement of magistrate. We have an arrangement with Mickey Bruney who is a private practitioner. All the courts are being fully manned right now. All the magisterial districts are being fully serviced,” he said.He says the availability of additional magistrate is not mandatory at this time.Dominica Vibes News Sharing is caring! Share Share 35 Views no discussions
This year’s Indy 500 appeared to be on its way to a caution-free race until they reached the mid 140 lap segment. Once the wrecks started, they came fast and furious in the last 50 laps. The final wreck at lap 192 actually stopped the race for about 15 minutes. With Hunter-Raey leading on the restart, the final 6 laps were as exciting as any race could be. Ryan Hunter-Raey became the winner of the 98th edition when he passed Helio Castroneves at the start of the last lap. These two drivers had been swapping the lead on the last 6 laps.The 33-year old Floridian kept Castroneves from winning his 4th Indy 500. Marco Andretti had to settle for 3rd, so the Andretti curse on winning the 500 continues. Young Marco tried his best to pass both Castroneves and Hunter-Raey but just didn’t have the power left in his car.What a beautiful day for the race. It is even better that there were no injuries to any of the 33 drivers.
August 10, Police Blotter081018 Decatur County EMS Report081018 Decatur County Fire Report081018 Decatur County Jail Report081018 Decatur County Law Report081018 Batesville Police Blotter
October 16, 2018 Police Blotter101618 Decatur County EMS Report101618 Decatur County Fire Report101618 Decatur County Jail Report101618 Decatur County Law Report101618 Batesville Police Blotter
It is with deep sadness that we share the passing of our mother, Mary Irene Renner Ball, who passed away Tuesday, February 18, 2020, at the home of her daughter and caregiver, Karen Ball Wolfe in Brookville. Irene was born March 25, 1926 in Pulaski County, Kentucky to Dora Ann Cromer and George Washington Renner. She was an excellent student who loved school and was known for her amazing memory. Her youthful dreams of becoming a teacher were dashed when her father died of typhoid fever when she was eleven years old. Life was difficult for her mother and Irene’s seven surviving siblings. It was during this time that Irene honed her cooking and housekeeping skills when she became the caregiver for her younger brothers and sister when her mother had to take a job away from home.On November 30, 1940 in Brodhead, Kentucky she married Hamp Ball, son of Floyd and Louisa Bailey Ball, She caught his eye at church, after he purchased a pie she had baked for a box supper, He bid a whole dollar, a high price in those days, and she later admitted she worried if he would like it as it was the first pie she had ever baked! He did, and the rest is history.Shortly after their marriage they first moved to St. Bernard, Ohio, and in late 1951, they purchased a small farm in Oak Forest, Franklin County, Indiana, where they raised their family. She and Hamp had nine children, six of whom survive. The family thrived on that farm, helping their parents put out a huge garden every year and tending the livestock. Irene canned countless jars of vegetables, stored apples, potatoes, and sweet potatoes in their root cellar and cooked endless meals for her family. Her fried chicken and potato salad were the best! She could put a meal together quicker than anyone, not only to feed her family, but for all the others who seemed to know when dinner time was at the Ball farm. She and Hamp raised their children to adulthood on that farm, all of whom achieved successful lives.After her husband’s death in 1975, she and her youngest daughter, Karen, moved to Brookville, Indiana to a small house on Mill Street. Irene cared for many children in her home, as well as some of her grandchildren. All remember her fondly and with love. She was a godly woman who enjoyed reading her Bible and was a member of the First Baptist Church of Brookville. She attended church every Sunday until ill health required her to stay home. As she grew older, she retained her quick wit, and could recall the birthdays of her grandchildren up until a few months before her death.She is survived by six children; Leonard (Pat) Ball of Richmond, Indiana, Shirley (Chris) Fehl of Connersville, Indiana, Donald (Cheryl) Ball of Phillipsburg, Missouri, Lloyd (Rosemary) Ball of St. Peters, Indiana, Linda Kay (Bob) Runyon of Brookville, Indiana, Karen (Monte) Wolfe of Brookville, Indiana; a sister, Willie Ester Hensley of Lebanon, Ohio; 27 grandchildren, 49 great-grandchildren, and 7 great-great grandchildren with three more on the way.She was preceded in death by her husband Hamp Ball on July 24, 1975, three sons Robert Lee Ball November 21, 1996, Dempsey Harold Ball died at birth November 8, 1955, Charles Ball died at birth December 19, 1956; four sisters, Alice Bradley, Marie Robbins, Sarah Renner and Dorthea Renner; as well as six brothers, Monroe Renner, Edward Renner, Jacob Renner, John Renner, George Renner and Fred Renner.Her descendants, scattered over several states will gather for one final farewell to a woman who left a lasting impact on each of them on Friday, February 21, 2020 from 5 until 8:00 P.M. at Phillips & Meyers Funeral Home, 1025 Franklin Avenue, Brookville.Rev. Mike Holman, pastor of the First Baptist Church of Brookville, will officiate the Funeral Services on Saturday, February 22, 2020, 10:30 A.M., at Phillips & Meyers Funeral Home, with burial following in Maple Grove Cemetery in Brookville beside her husband, Hamp.Memorial Contributions may be directed to St. Jude Children’s Hospital or Disabled American Veterans. The staff of Phillips & Meyers Funeral Home is honored to serve the Ball family, to sign the online guest book or send personal condolences please visit www.phillipsandmeyers.com.Her long and well-lived life, always in service to others, will leave lasting and loving memories for all those who loved her. Precious memories, how they linger, how they satisfy the soul.
“We can cope because we have (Calum) Chambers, (Per) Mertesacker, Koscielny,” Wenger said. “But we have now lost Debuchy who can play centre-back, Monreal who can play centre-back and Gibbs has been out too. “So if we have another injury or two we will struggle. It is risky (not to sign anyone) – too risky.” The Gunners have been linked with a number of central defenders in the January transfer window including West Ham’s Winston Reid and Borussia Dortmund’s Mats Hummels. “Why have we not signed a defender? We haven’t found one. We are not the only ones working on the case,” Wenger said. “It is not a supermarket where you go in and buy a defender. “It is a market that is very restricted. The players who can strengthen the best 10 teams in Europe, you don’t find many and it is the same for everybody. “We are a big attraction, of course we are. If it was easy we would do it. Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger admits it would be a gamble not to bring in a new defender this month but insists the Gunners would be able to cope. “We have made enquiries but then you have the second handicap – who wants to sell their best player, especially a central defender in the middle of the season? “They say, ‘come back in June or July’.” Arsenal are close to completing a deal for Legia Warsaw’s 17-year-old midfielder Krystian Bielik, who Wenger believes is ready to join up with the first-team squad straight away. Clubs increasingly use statistical scouting systems to judge potential recruits, but Wenger insists nothing can beat the human eye. “What is most important is the eye,” he said. “For example, you can have very good numbers for a defender but if he is suspect to one big mistake every game or every five games, the numbers will not detect that. “Still the priority is the attitude of the player and your eye – does he read the game well? “The numbers over 15 games can be very good but, in the big games, that’s where the players should be judged for us.” The north London side have been regularly left short of defensive cover this season with the likes of Laurent Koscielny, Kieran Gibbs, Nacho Monreal and Mathieu Debuchy all suffering injuries. Debuchy is expected to be out for another three months after undergoing surgery on his right shoulder, leaving Wenger with only six fit senior defenders at the club. Press Association
Students elected Mikey Geragos and Vinnie Prasad to serve as Undergraduate Student Government president and vice president, respectively, in the 2012-2013 school year.All smiles · Vinnie Prasad (left) and Mikey Geragos (right) were unofficially named vice president and president of the Undergraduate Student Government. Both Geragos and Prasad have served as USG Senator pro tempore. – Katelynn Whitaker | Daily TrojanGeragos, USG director of university affairs, and Prasad, USG Senator pro tempore, received 2,376 votes, winning by a nearly seven-point margin. The presidential ticket of Jared Ginsburg, USG director of campus affairs, and Samantha Coxe, a Greek senator, placed second with 1,992 votes. The ticket of Theo Offei and Julia Riley garnered 960 votes.Geragos said he plans to work with current USG President Monish Tyagi and USG Vice President Logan Lachman to ensure a smooth transition between administrations. Elected USG officers will be sworn in early April.“I’m going to take tonight off,” Geragos said. “But after that I’m going to sit down with Monish and start going over all of the transition things we need to hit. I feel like it’s really important I get up to speed on everything so we can hit the ground running.”Geragos said one priority for his administration is improving on-campus dining.“That’s been a big thing,” Geragos said. “I got a lot of responses for that [during the campaign] from students who wanted it to get fixed, so I’ll definitely be focusing on that.”Tyagi said Geragos and Prasad’s USG experience will allow them to work effectively in their new positions.“They both have a lot of experience in USG,” Tyagi said. “That’s going to bode really well for them going into next year.”Tyagi said the winners should channel their energy from the campaign into their new positions in USG.“It’s a lot of work ahead of them,” Tyagi said. “It might feel like this is the end, but it is just the beginning of a very memorable year. But I know if they approach this next year with the same amount of dedication as they approached this campaign, they will keep moving USC forward.”USG co-directors of elections and recruitment Elise Fabbro and Kelly Hann announced the results of the presidential and senatorial races during a USG Senate meeting in the Ronald Tutor Campus Center. More than 75 students attended the meeting in anticipation of the results.Students cast 5,546 ballots in the election, nearly a 200-ballot drop from last year’s contest, in which 5,741 students participated. Hahn attributed this decrease to the intermittent rain last week.“Rain definitely influenced it,” Hahn said. “But we are happy with the turnouts.”USG also announced the election of 12 Senate positions. No incumbents ran for re-election.Sophomores Ryan Park, Matthew Arkfeld and Alexander Cascante were elected to serve as Greek senators.Park said, as a senator, he plans to focus on creating an online calendar of Greek activities and on repairing the sidewalks on The Row.The six winners of the residential senator election were junior Josh DeMilta, sophomore Maheen Sahoo and freshmen Jasmine McAllister, Emma Katz, Sona Shah and Sarah Loh.“Our plans are to improve campus sustainability, the dining halls as well as housing facilities,” said Shah, who ran on a slate with Loh.Juniors Adam Prohoroff, Vicken Antounian and Ani Tatintsyan were elected to serve as commuter senators. Follow USG beat writer Daniel Rothberg on Twitter. | For more coverage on the 2012 USG elections, click here.
Ronaldo’s hat-trick goal came from a free-kick when Wolfsburg’s wall parted.It completed a quite remarkable turnaround by the 10-time champions of Europe and keeps alive a season that looked to be over for Zinedine Zidane’s side after last week’s loss in Germany.Elsewhere on the night, Kevin De Bruyne fired Manchester City through to the semi-finals of the Champions League.The £55m Belgian smashed home a 20-yarder 14 minutes from time to secure a 1-0 victory against French champions Paris Saint-Germain and complete a 3-2 aggregate win in a tense quarter-final second leg at the Etihad.PSG dominated the first half in terms of possession after City had started brightly.Joe Hart saved well from Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s free kick but the French champions struggled to create chances.It took the home side 22 minutes to muster an effort on goal – and even then Sergio Aguero fired wide and followed that up with another shot seconds later that was much closer.On the half hour Aguero had a much better chance to put City ahead.He was fouled by keeper Kevin Trapp in the penalty area but Aguero blazed the spot-kick wide.Jesus Navas then scuffed a shot wide after another defensive error from the visitors.After the break another Ibrahimovic free kick was pushed wide by Hart.Hart was then forecd into a smart save from Thiago Silva’s header.But with 14 minutes remaining De Bruyne calmed the nerves of the home fans, smashing home from outside the area after good work from Fernando.Five minutes from time Ibrahimovic thought he had levelled but his goal was ruled out for offside.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram Cristiano Ronaldo scored a superb hat-trick as Real Madrid overturned a 2-0 first-leg deficit against Wolfsburg to reach the Champions League semi-finals.Wolfsburg arrived in Spain’s capital protecting a healthy lead, but that was wiped out by a Ronaldo double in the space of 86 first-half seconds.The Portuguese swept home the first from six yards before a glancing header leveled the scores on aggregate.
Togolese striker Emmanuel Adebayor has threatened to quit international football if his country’s football federation continues refusing to pay its players the money it owes them.Adebayor says that he and his teammates have not been paid for playing in an international friendly in Casablanca, Morocco earlier this month.According to the Tottenham player, the Moroccan FA has confirmed paying an amount of 35,000 Euros to the Togolese FA as payment for the players, but the president of the Togolese FA has refused to release the money to the players.“In our FA, everyone thinks about their own pockets. Some players have not received their money, some have received half of it. If this does not change, then I will retire from international football and many will stop playing for our country,” said Adebayor.“Players come to me to ask about their money. It is a shame. I asked the Moroccan Federation how much they paid our Togolese FA. They told me that they paid €35,000 to President Ameyi. The president has the money because the Moroccan FA will not lie to me. If this continues, then no one will play for others to fill their pockets.”Striker Emmanuel Adebayor scored the only goal of that game as Togo defeated the Moroccans 1-0 .