first_imgFormer Harps star James Doherty is set for a move back to the USL.Former Finn Harps star James Doherty is reportedly mulling over offers from both Swilly Rovers and Letterkenny Rovers as he looks to get back playing following his departure from Finn Park.Doherty ended a eight-year association with the Ballybofey club when he departed last month.Doherty decided to leave Harps because he was unable to commit to the demands required to play LOI football. Doherty played 116 times for the club and made his debut against the now defunct Kilkenny City in 2006.He had a brief spell with Irish League side Newry Town in 2008.Newly-promoted Institute FC and Dungannon Swifts have expressed an interest in acquiring the signature of Doherty, but it is believed the Kilmacrennan native is keen to secure a move to the USL in order to also be able to play Gaelic with Termon.Both Swilly Rovers and Letterkenny Rovers have made their interest known to Doherty and are keen to get the former Harps man to sign for them. Letterkenny Rovers have a whole host of former Harps players in their ranks and are favourites to land his signature, but Swilly manager Jason Gibson will be hoping he can convince Doherty otherwise.FORMER FINN HARPS STAR SET TO BECOME A WILD ROVER was last modified: June 27th, 2014 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Finn Harps FCJames DohertyLetterkenny RoversnewsSportswilly roverslast_img read more

DUI cases may result in prison

first_img The girl was later transferred to Childrens Hospital Central California in Madera, where she was reported Tuesday to be in serious condition. The girl was strapped into a car safety seat, Wilson said. Morgan was taken to Antelope Valley Hospital in good condition, deputies said. Morgan is charged with vehicular manslaughter while intoxicated, driving under the influence with injury with a special allegation of causing great bodily injury, and a misdemeanor count of child endangerment. The misdemeanor count refers to Morgan’s 7-year-old daughter, who was in the truck but was not injured, Wilson said. Ramos’ husband told authorities that his wife, daughter and granddaughter were returning from a shopping trip when the collision occurred. If convicted, Morgan faces up to 10 years in prison, Wilson said. Wade was charged with vehicular manslaughter while intoxicated, and driving under the influence with injuries. If convicted, Wade faces up to three years and eight months in prison, Wilson said. Wade told police he was driving to the store to get Phillips another 40-ounce beer. He also said he had consumed some whiskey and beer and had smoked a bowlful of marijuana before the collision, Wilson said. A deputy noted that Wade had flecks of marijuana on his teeth and gums, Wilson said. In the second crash, a 1991 Mitsubishi driven by Juan Velasquez, 22, of Lancaster was struck from the rear by a 1993 Ford driven by Wade on Sierra Highway, south of the Avenue H overpass. Velasquez’s car had broken down on Sierra Highway, and he had put his flashing lights on and gotten out of the vehicle, Wilson said. “He saw the defendant coming towards him,” Wilson said. “He waved his arms to get his attention. Wade didn’t stop and crashed into the rear of Mr. Velasquez’s car. Velasquez jumped to the side.” Wade’s car knocked the Mitsubishi off the road and into a drainage culvert. Wade’s car careened into the same culvert and came to rest several hundred feet further south, deputies said. Phillips suffered major injuries and was taken to Antelope Valley Hospital, where she later died. Wade and Velasquez were not injured, deputies said. The four passengers in the Velasquez car – a 24-year-old woman and three children, ages 9, 6 and one month – were uninjured, although the infant was taken to Antelope Valley Hospital as a precaution. Karen Maeshiro, (661) 267-5744 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! The second crash occurred about 8:30 p.m. on Sierra Highway, south of Avenue H, fatally injuring Janney Phillips, 42, of Lancaster. Phillips was a passenger in Wade’s car, which rear-ended a disabled car in the road. Breath samples taken with a preliminary testing device indicated that Morgan’s blood alcohol level was .20 percent, and Wade’s was .10 to .11 percent, Wilson said. State law sets .08 percent as the level at which a driver is presumed to be too drunk to drive. In the first crash, authorities said, the 1997 Chevrolet pickup truck driven by Morgan failed to stop for a stop sign on 40th Street West and struck the driver’s side of a 1993 Ford Escort driven by Ramos. Ramos was pronounced dead at the scene. Ramos’ daughter, Michelle Summers, had minor injuries. Ramos’ 3-year-old granddaughter, Victoria Summers, who suffered a severe head laceration, was taken by helicopter to Kern Medical Center in Bakersfield, officials said. LANCASTER – Drunk-driving charges carrying potential state prison sentences were filed against two Lancaster men blamed for killing two women Sunday in separate crashes 30 minutes apart. Prosecutors filed charges of felony vehicular manslaughter while intoxicated against 43-year-old Robert Morgan and 57-year-old William Wade. “Drunk driving is continuing to be a problem,” Deputy District Attorney Richard Wilson said. “When people get in the car, they have to understand that they can cause somebody’s death by driving under the influence.” Maricela Ramos, 42, of Palmdale was killed in a collision about 8 p.m. Sunday when her compact car was hit broadside at Avenue J and 40th Street West by Morgan’s pickup truck, which ran a stop sign. last_img read more