The Economic Offences Wing (EOW) of the Mumbai police on Monday registered a first information report (FIR) against directors of the Maharashtra State Cooperative Bank for allegedly disbursing fraudulent loans leading to losses to the tune of crores of rupees. While no one has been named in the FIR yet, the bank’s directors, at the time of the alleged offence, include senior Nationalist Congress Party leaders like Ajit Pawar, Vijaysinh Mohite Patil and Anand Adsul.Joint Commissioner of Police (EOW) Rajvardhan Sinha confirmed that the FIR was registered on Monday. The Bombay High Court (HC), which is hearing a public interest litigation (PIL) regarding the case, had last week directed the EOW to register an FIR in the matter within five days. “We have only mentioned directors of the bank as the accused in the FIR for now, and further action will be based on investigations,” Mr. Sinha said. The FIR has been registered under the relevant sections for cheating and forgery under the Indian Penal Code.The HC issued the directive on a PIL filed by activist Surinder Mohan Arora, who alleged lack of police action on his complaint regarding the fraud.The PIL was filed on the basis of a National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development inspection report in 2011, which indicated widespread malpractices while granting loans amounting to crores of rupees by the bank to various cooperative sugar factories. The report indicates that the losses caused to the MSC Bank were to the tune of ₹2,061 crore.The HC Bench had last week observed that the report indicates bank records were forged and profits were fraudulently declared, and that non performing asset accounts were kept hidden while sanctioning illegal loans.
Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Photo by Tristan Tamayo/INQUIRER.netMANILA, Philippines—Mike Gamboa is going to get another year of living his PBA dream.The diminutive 5-foot-6 guard signed a one-year deal with current club Phoenix in what he described as the culmination of all his hard work.ADVERTISEMENT Private companies step in to help SEA Games hosting SEA Games hosting troubles anger Duterte View comments SEA Games: Biñan football stadium stands out in preparedness, completion Hotel management clarifies SEAG footballers’ kikiam breakfast issue Trending Articles PLAY LIST 00:50Trending Articles00:50Trending Articles00:50Trending Articles02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games02:11Trump awards medals to Jon Voight, Alison Krauss SEA Games: Biñan football stadium stands out in preparedness, completion Blackwater taps Rommel Adducul as big man coach “Thank you to God, my family, mom and dad I love you! My supportive brothers I love you all. And to everyone who has helped me in this journey,” said Gamboa through social media. “To my fiancé Carmen and baby Mikee, you’re the reason why I made it and each practice/game is dedicated to you! I love you both! Let’s go Phoenix!”Gamboa started his basketball career at Ateneo before moving to University of the Philippines in the UAAP but decided he would go into the corporate life when he graduated in 2013.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSUrgent reply from Philippine football chiefSPORTSSEA Games: Biñan football stadium stands out in preparedness, completionFollowing a year of working in an office, Gamboa tirelessly worked hard in achieving the dream he almost lost. He eventually became the ninth pick in the second round of the 2014 PBA Rookie Draft by Rain or Shine.Gamboa, however, wasn’t signed and he went on to play for Bread Story and Hapee in the PBA D-League. He also played for Pilipinas MX3 in the ASEAN Basketball League in 2016. LATEST STORIES TS Kammuri to enter PAR possibly a day after SEA Games opening Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next The year 2017, though, was the toughest for Gamboa as he was an almost invisible figure basketball circles until Phoenix head coach Louie Alas sent him an invite to try out for the Fuel Masters.It was also at this time that Gamboa found out he was about to be a father, and the looming family life was what ignited the fire within the point guard’s heart.“Everyone kept on telling me what my plan should be and I should start facing reality,” said Gamboa. “Only my girlfriend and a few friends believed that I was still going to make it to the PBA, it was then I always asked God why He put me back to playing basketball again.”“I found out that my girlfriend was pregnant and immediately finding out that I was going to be a father, I had that fire back and I knew I had to give it one last shot for my future baby and family.”Gamboa played a total of 12 games for the Fuel Masters in the 2017-18 season, averaging 2.1 points, 0.6 rebounds, and 1.3 assists.ADVERTISEMENT Is Luis Manzano planning to propose to Jessy Mendiola? MOST READ LOOK: Joyce Pring goes public with engagement to Juancho Triviño
Advertisement Login/Register With: Advertisement Facebook Advertisement LEAVE A REPLY Cancel replyLog in to leave a comment After buying the Maclean-Hunter media empire in 1994, Rogers Media grew quickly in the magazine world, and soon became the biggest magazine publisher in Canada by far. But in recent years Rogers has been slowly reducing its print footprint. In 2016 when it phased back publication of some titles, and stopped producing others altogether while laying off staff. Rogers Media has struck a deal with the company that publishes Toronto Life to sell the company’s remaining magazine brands for an undisclosed sum.In a press release Wednesday, Rogers and St. Joseph Communications say Maclean’s, the English and French versions of Chatelaine, Today’s Parent, HELLO! Canada, along with digital publications FLARE and Canadian Business, have been sold for an undisclosed sum.“All current Rogers Media Publishing employees will be offered employment through the deal, which is expected to close in April 2019,” the release said. Rogers sold off all of its remaining magazine brands on Wednesday, including Canadian Business, which it stopped publishing in print form in 2016. (Ryan Remiorz/Canadian Press) Twitter