DelFest Finalizes Lineup With Outstanding Late Night Performances

first_imgDelFest has finalized their 2016 lineup and has revealed its late night schedule, and as per usual, it includes some of the most talented string bands in the scene today. Late night festivities will get underway on Thursday, May 26 with performances from the Infamous Stringdusters featuring Nicki Bluhm and Portland’s finest, Fruition. Heading into the weekend, Yonder Mountain String Band and Horseshoes & Hand Grenades are slated to perform late Friday night, with Greensky Bluegrass and Cabinet spearheading Saturday’s late night spot.To cap it all off, Sunday night will include late night sets from Americana five-piece The HillBenders and the Travelin’ McCourys playing a Sunday Sendoff show with long time friend and collaborator Keller Williams. Late night tickets must be purchased separately from your DelFest tickets. Visit the festival’s website here for more details.Check out the complete 2016 DelFest lineup below:last_img read more

The Dutch have launched a petition to return Croatia to the yellow list

first_imgThe Dutch government put Croatia on the orange list on Tuesday night. This decision immediately had a negative effect on our tourism, and the cancellation of reservations to renters, hotels and agencies began. That is why the Dutch themselves launched an action, ie a petition in which the goal is to collect 40.000 signatures in order to send a message to their government to give an argument for their decision with the aim of returning Croatia to the yellow list. The petition has so far been signed by 1.650 people, and we invite you to sign the petition yourself and share it through your social networks and channels. Sign the petition: Croatia back to the south Why Croatia came to that list and by what criteria, no one knows, not even the Dutch themselves. Obviously there are some other frameworks, because if you look at the epidemiological situation, then many other countries such as Austria, France, etc. should have been on the orange list. News that shocked all tourism workers, especially due to the fact that there are no other countries on the orange list that are in a worse epidemiological situation than us. It is a great story that the petition was initiated by the Dutch themselves, our previous guests and those who have already booked accommodation in Croatia, because they want to come on holiday to Croatia. last_img read more

New autopsies reveal US coronavirus spread began in January

first_imgTwo people who died in California in early and mid February have been confirmed through autopsies as coronavirus cases — weeks before the first reported COVID-19 fatality in the United States.The deaths, on February 6 and February 17, push back the timeline for the entry of the virus on US soil, experts said.Given what we know about how long it takes for the virus to kill people, the disease began to spread in the US sometime between early and mid January. Sara Cody, the public health officer of Santa Clara County where the new autopsies were performed, told The Washington Post it was not yet known how the two people were infected, with officials unaware of any history of overseas travel. This further reinforces that the virus was already circulating in the community at a time that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) was continually assuring the public that the threat posed by COVID-19 was “low.” Topics : Limited testingAnother person who died in Santa Clara County on March 6 also had the disease caused by the coronavirus, the medical examiner-coroner said in a statement.”These three individuals died at home during a time when very limited testing was available only through the CDC,” the coroner said.”Testing criteria set by the CDC at the time restricted testing to only individuals with a known travel history and who sought medical care for specific symptoms.”The coroner said they expected to identify more coronavirus-related fatalities in Santa Clara.A study this week led by Bhattacharya at Stanford indicated that the novel coronavirus was likely far more widespread than official figures suggest.Blood samples taken from 3,300 volunteers in Santa Clara County showed the true number of COVID-19 cases was at least 50 times higher than the number of confirmed infections in the county.Santa Clara was among the first areas in the US to tell residents to stay at home to contain the spread of the virus, ordering a shutdown from March 17.On the other side of the country, researchers determined that the virus was spreading in New York City in February, and the predominant strain came from Europe.This finding tied in with a spate of mysterious pneumonia cases that the city’s physicians were treating before large scale testing began.Viruses mutate over time and there are enough genetic changes for scientists to trace back their ancestry, much like a person’s DNA can be traced back to their parents and grandparents.California officials expect to find other old cases of COVID-19. Santa Clara County official Jeff Smith said recently that the virus may have arrived on US shores as early as December — days after China first identified the pathogen. And the fact that it took astute health officials to carry out post mortem examinations on these selected cases in turn means that the overall death toll of 45,000 is likely well below the real number.”Models of epidemic spread in the US will have to be adjusted to account for an earlier start date,” Jay Bhattacharya, a professor of medicine at Stanford University told AFP.”This in turn should mean that the models will predict a larger number of current cases in the US now than they are currently predicting. How large an effect this will have on epidemic forecasting remains to be seenThe earliest death attributed to the coronavirus was previously thought to be on February 26 in Washington state — a man in his 30s who returned from the disease’s epicenter in Wuhan and reported himself to authorities after experiencing symptoms.last_img read more

BUNCRANA MURDER: WAS VICTIM SHOT FOR VISITING HIS CHILDREN?

first_imgGARDAI and the PSNI are investigating the possibility that Andy Allen was shot dead in Buncrana because he had breached a terrorist ‘city ban’ by visiting his two children hours before his brutal murder.The father of two had been ordered to leave Derry five months ago by Republican Action Against Drugs.Now it has emerged that he made several visits to the city to see his children, who still lived there with their mother. Gardai are investigating claims that he visited Derry on Thursday to see his children.Hours later he was gunned down in his bedroom at the rented house at Links View Park.A post mortem was carried out on Mr Allen’s body at Letterkenny General Hospital last night.Gardai locally were not aware of his presence in Lisfannon area. More than 40 people have been forced out of Derry by RAAD and other splinter terror groups in the past 12 months.It’s not known how many of them have moved to Co Donegal but one Garda source told us: “In light of this murder we believe anyone who has been threatened should inform their local garda station.”RAAD had accused Mr Allen of selling cocaine and cannabis.However local MP Mark Durkan has cautioned against “taking the word” of terror organisations who had meted out “summary justice.” BUNCRANA MURDER: WAS VICTIM SHOT FOR VISITING HIS CHILDREN? was last modified: February 11th, 2012 by BrendaShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:BUNCRANA MURDER: WAS VICTIM SHOT FOR VISITING HIS CHILDREN?last_img read more

Real magic happens when a creative brief doesn’t (necessarily) result in an ad

first_imgIn a new piece for The Drum’s “Opinion” section, 360i Chief Strategy Officer Raig Adolofo argues that the outdated nature of the creative brief holds agency pros back from greatness. He writes, “In this brave new advertising world, brands are built under ever-changing circumstances; every client needs a true business partner, and agencies need to be able to address challenges with creative problem-solving. And to be sure, there is no shortage of complex business problems to be solved.”Raig notes that modern agencies must be capable of providing different, unique answers to clients’ needs, and that at the root of this lies the fact that creative briefs are in desperate need of a makeover.How can agencies move towards solving that problem? Raig introduces five key steps:1. Invite the agencies in earlier.2. Interrogate the challenge with them.3. Organize an open brief.4. Be open minded.5. Define new metrics for success.Read more in The Drum to learn how rethinking the creative brief can help create stronger results for both clients and agencies.Follow Raig Adolfo (@Raig) 360i (@360i) and The Drum (@TheDrum) on Twitter.last_img read more