Tedeschi Trucks Band has just closed out their six night stand at the beloved Beacon Theatre in New York City. During their run, the 12-piece ensemble welcomed a bevy of special guests, including Jorma Kaukonen, Dave Mason, Eric Krasno, Luther Dickinson, Junior Mack, Warren Haynes, Doyle Bramhall II, Tash Neal and more.Staying in NYC for two weeks gives the band a chance to relax, make themselves comfortable, and really dive deep into their catalogs. The freedom of having six nights of the stage to themselves welcomes the opportunity for them to push the envelope and explore territories otherwise unchallenged. This year’s residency proved that Derek Trucks and Susan Tedeschi are truly an unstoppable duo. To relive these exceptional moments, scroll through the audio of each night below, courtesy of taper edtyre2.Tedeschi Trucks Band Live at The Beacon Theatre on 9/30/16:Tedeschi Trucks Band Live at The Beacon Theatre on 10/1/16:Tedeschi Trucks Band Live at Beacon Theatre on 10/4/16:Tedeschi Trucks Band Live at Beacon Theatre on 10/5/16:Tedeschi Trucks Band Live at Beacon Theatre on 10/7/16:Tedeschi Trucks Band Live at Beacon Theatre on 10/8/16:
How to reduce the spread of coronavirus Managing the coronavirus exodus from campus Much of it follows traditional cold-season admonitions, but some is more specific Harvard’s new Science and Engineering Complex (SEC) in Allston will move its fall opening to the spring semester, Dean Frank Doyle of the Harvard John A. Paulson School of Engineering and Applied Sciences (SEAS) announced Friday.“Due to the temporary suspension of construction work by the city of Boston, and our collective response to the coronavirus public health emergency, the SEC will not be ready in time for a summertime move-in and fall opening as previously planned,” said Doyle. “The good news is that, following a nearly five-year construction process, once construction fully resumes the SEC will be just weeks away from being ready for occupancy.”“The delay of the project is obviously disappointing, but helping to ensure the health and safety of everyone working at the site, as well as members of our community who would have moved this summer, must be our priority,” said Harvard President Larry Bacow. “When we do open the SEC, we will do so with the knowledge that we protected the people who built it and the people who will bring it to life with their phenomenal research and teaching. Our celebration will be all the sweeter for it, and I look forward to the day when we can be together to mark a great moment not just for the Harvard Paulson School and the University, but also for Allston and Greater Boston.”Prior to the work stoppage ordered by Boston Mayor Marty Walsh last month, the building was almost finished. Original plans had called for work to be completed in May, and for a rolling move-in to begin in June. “The delay of the project is obviously disappointing, but helping to ensure the health and safety of everyone working at the site, as well as members of our community who would have moved this summer, must be our priority.” — President Larry Bacow Hope for managing hospital admissions of COVID-19 cases “We’re incredibly close to the finish line,” said Joseph O’Farrell, managing director for capital projects for Campus Services. “Our teams are ready to get back to work as soon as it is deemed safe to do so.” Assuming construction is allowed to resume this summer, the construction team hopes to finish up in a matter of weeks, and SEAS hopes to receive a green light to begin a coordinated move-in in the fall, and to begin classes in January.SEAS and the campus planning team are working on a revised schedule of lab and office moves, classroom and course schedules, transportation, and dining services. SEAS administrators say affected groups will be contacted in the coming weeks to discuss changes.SEAS labs, classrooms, and other spaces in Cambridge that were originally just a few months away from being vacated or consolidated will remain fully operational for the remainder of the calendar year.“The work of our researchers and students in the SEC, together with that of entrepreneurial experts at Harvard Business School, in the innovation labs cluster, as well as in the future Enterprise Research Campus, will all help to ensure that Allston becomes a world-class hub for research, learning, and innovation,” said Katie Lapp, Harvard’s executive vice president. “The excitement for the potential opportunities that the move will create is profound, and I’m confident that this timing change won’t temper that excitement.” Campus Services VP Meredith Weenick on Harvard’s work to prevent the spread of disease and help students move out on a tight timeline ‘Worry about 4 weeks from now,’ epidemiologist warns The SEC postponement does not affect the ongoing conceptual development and due diligence for the Enterprise Research Campus or the American Repertory Theater’s move to Allston, both of which remain in planning and project development phases and have not been proposed for review. Those future proposals will be subject to normal regulatory and public and community review processes before construction begins.Approximately half of the SEAS community eventually will make the move to Allston. That includes teaching and research labs for all of the Bioengineering, Computer Science, Robotics, and Applied Computation departments, as well as portions of the Electrical Engineering and Materials/Mechanical Engineering departments.“During this time of unprecedented turmoil, we have all grown accustomed to abrupt changes,” Doyle said. “While the postponement is disheartening and will add new complexities to our planning, it is only a delay. When we eventually open the doors to the SEC, the entire Harvard community, our peers and colleagues, our neighbors, and our partners throughout the region will be able to realize the benefits of this state-of-the-art facility for teaching, learning, and research.” Harvard’s Lipsitch urges public to ramp up social distancing, increase coronavirus tests Related New projections suggest social-distancing measures in state may be flattening the curve
Vermont Hard Cider Company, LLC,Bret Williams, President and CEO of Green Mountain Beverage, recently announced that the hard cider company is changing its name to Vermont Hard Cider Company, LLC effective August 1, 2011. The name change comes at a time when the hard cider category is experiencing significant growth in the United States. The company produces the nation’s number one cider ‘ Woodchuck Hard Cider, which is available in all 50 states and is currently celebrating its 20th Anniversary in 2011! In June 2003 when Williams put together the deal to buy the company, the legal name became ‘Beverage Acquisition Group, LLC’ with Green Mountain Beverage as the d/b/a. At the time, it was uncertain if the company would survive, let alone be able to sell hard cider exclusively. Over the years, the Woodchuck Brand has grown three-fold and has enabled the company to remain solely focused on the hard cider category. ‘The name ‘Vermont Hard Cider Company’ better reflects who we are and what we do,’ Williams said. ‘Vermont, as well as our Company, stands for good people doing good things in a good way.’ Vermont Hard Cider Company will continue to operate in its current facility on Pond Lane, while actively pursuing expansion options in the Middlebury area. About Vermont Hard Cider Company, LLCVermont Hard Cider Company, LLC, located in Middlebury, Vermont, is the leading hard cider producer in the United States, which includes the nation’s number one cider ‘ Woodchuck® Hard Cider. Having won 16 IMPACT Hot Brand Awards, Vermont Hard Cider Company, LLC is recognized for its superior cider brands. Vermont Hard Cider Company, LLC handcrafts and manages all levels of quality control in a state-of-the-art cidery in Middlebury, VT by employing a team of cider makers with over 30 years of combined experience directly in cider making and a team devoted exclusively to producing, marketing, and selling hard cider. More information is available at www.woodchuck.com(link is external).
Wilson Sons Estaleiros, one of Brazil’s largest providers of integrated logistics and supply chain solutions, began April with the dry-docking of the hydraulic backhoe dredger Simson – owned by Dutch company Van Oord. The dry-docking includes structural repairs and improvements in the box-cooler, according to an official Wilson Sons’s announcement.The operation took place in Guarujá (State of São Paulo) and lasted around 30 days. This was the first dry-docking work that Wilson Sons Estaleiros has conducted for Van Oord.According to Adalberto Souza, Wilson Sons Estaleiros’ Executive Director, the key factors considered in Van Oord’s decision were the shipyard’s location, infrastructure and excellent safety performance.“Other contracts are under negotiation. Wilson Sons Estaleiros has many competitive advantages: tradition of on-time deliveries, quality, competitive prices and the support of a strong group such as Wilson Sons,” commented Souza.In addition to Simson, five other dry-dockings were carried out by Wilson Sons Estaleiros between January and March and twenty more are scheduled for 2019. The current order book also contemplates the construction of an escort tug with 90 tons of bollard pull for the Wilson Sons towage fleet, the company said in its release.
Villaraigosa spokeswoman Janelle Erickson said the mayor will work with Smith and the City Council to find money to continue the program. “It was not the mayor’s intent to stop the CERT program,” Erickson said. “What he wanted to do was find efficiencies and not reduce response times. We will work with the councilman to find ways to restore this program.” Smith said he will determine whether there are federal grants available to offset a portion of the cost. “And, even if that can’t be done, I think this is an important program that the city must continue to finance,” Smith said. “As you know, CERT can save lives and vastly bolsters our response capabilities by training residents to safely and quickly help themselves, their families and their neighbors.” Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa vowed Monday to try to restore funding to a popular emergency-response training program after City Councilman Greig Smith launched a letter-writing campaign to protest its elimination. In his $6.8 billion budget for the next fiscal year, Villaraigosa failed to include $654,000 for the six firefighters assigned to the Community Emergency Response Team. The CERT program taught more than 50,000 civilians last year how to respond to emergencies, including fires, earthquakes and terrorist attacks. “I know we have a tight budget, but this is a program that makes no sense to cut,” said Smith, who asked the city’s neighborhood councils to send letters protesting the move. “This is one of those programs that people feel invested in and want to keep.” The city Fire Department developed the CERT program more than 20 years ago to help with earthquake response, and it has since been emulated nationwide. [email protected] (213) 978-0390160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!